Thursday, December 31, 2009

Changin' up the Blog a Bit

Okay, so in my last post I mentioned that I was going to devote one day a week to my goals from Ephesians (Tuesdays in Ephesians). The idea was to choose one of the verses I listed in my 2010 resolutions post along with its corresponding goal and focus my writing for the day on them. However, after careful consideration I have decided to do something else instead.

Because these goals are so important to me I would like to focus one day a week on each of them, with one exception. Technically, the entire blog is dedicated to the first goal so I will not set aside a day for it. However, I will set aside three specific days every week devoted to goal two: keeping my priorities in order. I will also set aside one day a week for goal three: diving into prayer.

So, one day will be devoted to growing closer to God and keeping him first in my life. One day will be devoted to being a godly wife (priority number 2: Josh). Another day will be devoted to being a godly mother (priority number 3: my kids). And though I am not sure yet how I am going to go about doing this one, one day will be devoted to priority number 4: Ministry. Finally, one day will be devoted to the power of prayer.

I know I am committing to a lot but I am really excited about this. Plus, I think having a game plan will help me to be more consistent with my postings. Now, you will have to tune in every day for the next week to see what days are going to be devoted to what goals.

Since tomorrow is the 1st I will start then. And just as a heads up, since it is a Friday I am going to keep it on the fun side. Therefore, I will have to treat it differently than all the other days. My plan is to devote the first Friday of every month to reflecting on the progress from the month before. I think this will be a great addition to my blog because I will be able to look back and see all that God has done. Tomorrows however will reflect on all I was blessed with in 2009.

I cannot wait!

Talk to you tomorrow,

MEL

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails