Monday, February 1, 2010

Motivated Mommy Monday's: Ending Generational Sin

I have to go pick my kids up from their Nana's, so I will try to keep this short.

Last night a call from Josh's mom about an incident that happened with our kids got me thinking about generational sin. We all have those family sins that seem to carry on from one generation to the next. What is your family sin? For some it is pride, for some it is sexual immorality, for some it is greed, for some it is anger, the list goes on and on. Whatever it is, I am sure if you are like me you cringe at any possible sign of it in your children's lives.

I am so afraid for my kids to be inhabited by our generational sins that on numerous occasions I have sat in their room and prayed over them as they slept. I prayed that our generational sins would end with Josh and me and that our kids would never know their enslaving power. But with one phone call I realized we have not done enough to protect our kids from this sin. We have to do more, but what? Josh and I are honestly at a loss for how to deal with this. First, because our kids are at an age where they really do not understand why this is so bad, we know that scolding is not the answer. However, merely talking with them about it is not enough. So, we have decided to take it to God in a more serious urgent way: we are fasting today.

We need direction about how to handle this and we want to show God we are committed to ending this sin with us (it's been a struggle in both of our families). So, I am asking for your prayers today. Please pray we have the strength to follow this through today. My husband becomes very cranky when he does not eat and he often gets headaches from skipping a meal.

I am also wondering if you might need prayer over a generational sin. If so please share in the comments, even if it is just an unspoken. I would love to pray for you today.

MEL

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails