Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Taking it to Him Tuesday's: The Power of Prayer (please share your stories).

Okay, so as you all know I did a fast yesterday on behalf of my kids. Thank you so much for your prayers. I did great until dinner time, then I started to get hungry. But don't worry I saw it through to the end, and first thing this morning I ate.

I decided to do the fast because in my concern for my kids I could not stop thinking about the deep anguish David felt in 2 Samuel 12, when Nathan told him that because of his sin the son he and Bathsheba conceived would die. In his anguish he fasted for days, so I decided to do the same. Unfortunitly for David his son still died, but after that he and Bathsheba concieved Solomon whom is says the Lord loved. That of course is evident in how blessed Solomon was. I have faith that God will her my prayers and bless us far more abundantly that I could ever ask or imagine, even if it is not how I expect him to answer them.

Anyway I wanted to hear from you your stories about how God has answered you prayers far more than you asked or imagined (Ephesians 3:20).

I'll share one story about our local radio station KSBJ; yesterday they held a telethone for Haiti. It was their prayer that they would raise 50,000. They had raised about 700%  of that the last time I tuned in; that's 350,000! Wow, God is great!

MEL

1 comment:

  1. Ephesians 3:20 is our family verse! Sean and I kind of "adopted" it when we were dating. It reminded us about how God gave us more than we could imagine when He brought us together. Since then, He continues to do more than we could ever imagine through our marriage, Maddy and our ministry. His way is the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails