Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Taking it to Him Tuesday's: As Homemakers we should Pray for our Homes.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how to make our home run more effectively. As a homemaker/ stay-at-home-mom I feel like it is my responsibility to create a peaceful and productive environment for my husband and my kids. I want to keep a clean and organized house so that my kids have a safe and fun place to grow-up and my husband has a peaceful sanctuary to come home to and relax. I also want to fill their bellies with delicious and nutritious food.

Evaluating myself, I feel like I have always done a good job at running our household by planning meals and keeping our home clean and organized (and I know my husband would agree). However, I have to admit over the last year I have become a bit relax in these areas. I think I just got overwhelmed. As some of you might remember from previous posts last year my husband and I moved our family in with my mother to try to pay off our debt and save up for our first home (we were sick of renting). Needless to say it has not been easy trying to create a home for my husband and kids in someone else's house. Especially since we are cramming five people in a three bedroom house, we just do not fit. I have had a rather difficult time trying to find a place for everything, which in turn makes it a LOT harder to keep the house clean from day to day. From personal experience, I can tell you it is much easier to keep your home clean when there is a PLACE for everything. So needless to say at times I have let myself become so overwhelmed that I just gave up.

Gladly though I can say that God has been refreshing my soul, and in turn has been leading me to refresh our home. However, I know now that I cannot go about doing this in the same old ways I always have. Obviously, they are not going to work in this household. So, I have been researching some more effective ways of running this home. Today, I realized I need to be praying more about what will work here. That realization got me thinking...shouldn't we all be praying more about how to run each of our homes effectively? You may already do so, if so I would love to hear about how God has answered your prayers and directed you in managing your home. If you are not alread praying about this I want to challenge you to join me in praying about how to manage my (in your case your) household in a way that is most peaceful and productive. May I suggest that if running an effective household is something you struggle with this is probably just what you need to discover better ways of doing things, ways that work for you. I KNOW God will direct us in the way that is best for us.

Just some thoughts from what God is teaching me,
MEL

1 comment:

  1. Great post! For me, every morning I pray a little through Proverbs 31. I am so bad at running my house (at least that's how I feel) that I know I can't do it without God's help! And I LOVE me some FlyLady.net!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails