Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Taking it to Him Tuesday's: Praying for Lost Family and Friends.

Well, as you can hopefully tell from the title, Tuesday's will be dedicated to prayer. I choose Tuesday because it is my least stressful day of the week; therefore, I can devote more time to prayer. Sometimes this post will be about what I am praying for and sometimes it will be about what the Holy Spirit is teaching me about prayer. Either way it is my hope that you will join me in praying.

I am writing today's post after a bitter sweet morning. My husband and I attended the funeral of a friend's father this morning. It was bitter because our friends are obviously saddened by their loss of a father and grandfather. However, it is oh so sweet to know that he is now with the Lord. Though our friends and their two young boys will miss him for the rest of their days on earth, they find comfort in the Fact that they will see him again.

After the funeral I was thinking about how I hope that I never again have to attend  the funeral of someone who did not receive Christ as savior. Of course, after going over the list of all my loved ones, I realized that if they were all to die today way to many of them would die unsaved. In fact, some of the people I cherish most in this world would fall into that category, including my father. That reality chills me to my bones. 

To be honest I try not to think about it too much because I cannot bear the thought. However, God has made it clear to me that I need to think about it and pray about it now while I still can. After all, the possibility of not seeing my father and other loved ones in heaven is a lot easier to face than the reality of not seeing them there. I need to become more fervent in my prayers for them. 

I also need to be more fervent in praying for the strength and knowledge to share Christ with them. I have never been afraid to share the reason for the hope that I have. However, in recent years I have become lacks about doing it. I guess I was trying not to push Christ on them, but in the process I have almost given them over to Satan. Thank God that reality has finally set in. We are in a battle for those we love and we can either fight for them on our knees or we can stand back and watch as Satan steals them from us!


Please join me in praying for my lost loved ones to find Christ. I will certainly join you in praying for yours. In fact, if you post their name in my comments box and their relationship to you I will gladly pray for them by name. 


MEL




2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails