Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wedded Wednesday's: Finding Time Together when Life is Chaotic.

I write today's post as my husband is driving home from Fort Worth. Though it was only a day trip I know it made for a long day for Josh, which means he is going to want to head to bed early tonight. He should get home sometime after 6 P.M., maybe later if he decides to swing by the office to pick supplies for tomorrow's job. Oh yeah, did I mention he is flying to Los Angeles at 7:30 in the morning, another reason he will want to go to bed early. Ironically, Wednesday's are my busiest days of the week, especially Wednesday evenings.  Let's just say write now I'm running back and forth between cooking dinner, monitoring my son as he washes the lunch dishes, fixing my hair, and writing this post (yeah that's right my four year old does the dishes, it's only a few plates, a pizza pan and some snack bowls, but I'll save that for a motivated mommy post), .

You might ask why I would be trying to cram all of these things in at one time. The answer is simple, my son has to be at AWANA's at 6:30 and when I get back from dropping him off my husband should be home. So, my goal is to have everything that needs to be done finish when he gets home, that way I can devote my time to him. See that's what this post is all about, when life is crazy you either drop some things or make sacrifices for each other. My sacrifice is rearranging my schedule to make life even crazier right now, so that I can help my hubby pack in about an hour. That's okay though, because hopefully it pays off and we'll get to relax together afterwards.

What sacrifices will you make to ensure you have some much needed couple time? Let's face it, if it's not right now at some point life will be busy, will you be prepared to do what it takes to maintain a relationship with your spouse? After all, when life is busy that's when we need one another the most.

Just some thoughts,
MEL

2 comments:

  1. Great post!!! We've had to learn from the beginning of our marriage in 2004 that it was going to take some sacrifices to have "us" time. Sometimes it doesn't even help since he is in the Marine Corps & it's not like he can make sacrifices in the work place...it was really good for me to read this! Reminds of how important our time alone & together really is, we haven't had that in a long time! I think we're well over due! This weekend is looking hopeful! :o))) Have a fantastic night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does take sacrifice to spend time together. It is so hard when you have kids (and we only have Maddy) to make time for each other. But when we don't we end up getting really short with each other. I need to be reminded of this periodically! Thanks for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails