Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Taking it to Him Tuesday's: Praying for My Kids Mommy

Okay, so I know this is way late. Sorry, I had a rather eventful day. Let's just say there's nothing quite as challenging as raising kids. In fact, today I was what Mandi over at Capitol Heights Mommy calls squeezed, and what came out was ugly, and ungodly.

I was so frustrated that until about an hour ago I had not even sat down to think about today's post. At first, I thought it should be about praying for our children. I mean, the way my kids acted today they obviously need a little extra prayer. However, after a little more thought I realized what I really need to be praying about this week is ME! Though I do need to pray about my character in general, tonight I feel strongly convicted to pray about the way I respond to my kids less than perfect moments.

The way I see it, God trusted these two beautifully precious kids to me.






As Gods steward I have a responsibility to not just raise them to become children of God, but to treat them as children of God. To be as patient with them as my Father in Heaven is with me. To show grace and forgiveness to them, again as my Father in Heaven does to me. To be gentle and kind with them, also as my Father in Heaven is with me. To enforce godly discipline, rather than acting out of anger. Finally, to love them unconditionally and without ceasing.

To be honest, I can't do those things on my own. When squeezed those are just not the things that come out of me. That's why I need to pray for my kids mother, because she cannot be the mother God is calling her to be without God's help. It's just not in her.

What about you? Could your kids mommy use some prayer?

MEL

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! I definitely need to be praying for myself! Nothing "squeezes" me like my child can! I need God's help to be a mother that leads my child to Him! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails